- My Quick Links
- You have no saved Quick Links
- Summer Camp Application (PDF)
- Medical Form (PDF)
- Photo Medical and Transportation Release Forms (PDF)
- Letter to Campers (PDF)
- Camp FAQ’s (PDF)
- Directions to Champaign (PDF)
- Scholarship Application (PDF)
In order for camp registration to be complete, we must receive your Summer Camp Application, deposit, Medical Form, and Photo, Medical Release, and Transportation Forms by the registration deadline for each camp.
The University of Illinois is once again hosting its summer sports camps. This summer the Illini will be offering 5 camps- Elite Basketball Camp, Individual Basketball Skills Camp, Track Camp, and 2 Basketball Coaches Clinics (advanced and intermediate).
At The University of Illinois, our goal for these summer camps is to continue to develop wheelchair sports. We would love to assist in the development and improvement of your wheelchair sport programs. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please feel free to contact The Wheelchair Athletics Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (217) 333-4606.
Hope to see you this summer!
- Elite Camp will be held from July 5-10, 2011, and the cost is $500. This camp will showcase the top 24 junior athletes in the world, and in the past, 75% of these athletes have gone on to represent their countries at international competitions. The instruction at this camp will be provided by the U of I wheelchair basketball coaching staff. Because this camp focuses on high caliber athletes, it is by invitation only. If you have an athlete you would like us to consider, please contact us at email@example.com.
- In conjunction with Elite Camp, our Coaches Clinic I will also be held July 5-10, 2011. This clinic will focus on coaching the advanced skills of wheelchair basketball. Coaches will get an opportunity to coach high quality athletes and watch execution at an elite level. The cost of this clinic is $350 but if you have 5 athletes or more from your team attend any Illinois summer camp (Elite, Individual, and/or Track), the camp fee will be waived. Transportation is not included.
- Our most popular camp, Individual Skills Camp, will be held June 26-30, 2011. Because we understand the economic hardships during these times, the camp fee will remain at $375. This is a great camp for beginners and/or athletes that want to fine tune their foundational wheelchair basketball skills. Instruction at this camp will be provided by the U of I coaching staff and student-athletes. This will provide the best hands-on experience for your developing athletes.
- In conjunction with Individual Camp, our Coaches Clinic II will be held June 26-30, 2011. Coaches will review the basic skills of wheelchair basketball and move forward with more intermediate concepts. Coaches will also have an opportunity to coach their own team at Individual Camp. Again, if you have 5 or more athletes from your team attend any Illinois sports camp, the camp fee for the clinic will be waived.
- Our last camp of the summer, Track Camp, will be held July 6-10, 2011. Again, the camp fee will remain at $375. Track Camp is a great opportunity to prepare for Junior Track Nationals. Instruction at this camp will be provided by Paralympic Coach of the Year, Adam Bleakney. In addition to Coach Bleakney, 5 counselors at track camp are national team members as well as world record holders.