- My Quick Links
- You have no saved Quick Links
JAWS Installation Instructions
Set environment variable
To connect to the network license, you will need to set the environment variable
- From the Desktop, right-click Computer and click Properties.
- Click Advanced System Settings link in the left column.
- In the System Properties window select the Advanced tab and select the Environment Variables button at the bottom.
- In the bottom window, select New.
- Variable Name: LSFORCEHOST
- Variable Value: 220.127.116.11
- Select ok to exit dialog boxes.
The software package is user friendly and simple to install. The software will give audibles as it installs.
- Open software package and click to start installation.
- Select NEXT from the Welcome page screen.
- A dialog box will come up for configuring your system for JAWS.
- When finished, the setup wizard dialog box will load. Select NEXT to continue.
- Accept the license agreement and select NEXT.
- Select TYPICAL and on the next screen select INSTALL.
- The program will install and a success dialog box will appear when finished. Select FINISH to continue.
- You will need to restart your computer to complete the installation.
- After reboot, the configuration wizard will start. You may keep all default settings and select NEXT to continue through the screens.
Turning off automatic loading of JAWS
- In the open dialog box on desktop, select OPTIONS then BASICS
- Select AUTOMATICALLY START JAWS button
- Uncheck all items on this screen
- In the "start JAWS after login" drop down, change to NEVER
- Close JAWS by closing the dialog box on the desktop.
- After installation, a new icon show show on the desktop as well as a new program menu item named JAWS.
- Select the icon or menu item to start.
- You should hear the screen reader load and begin to read. If you do not hear any audio when moving around the computer, check your mute button first, then check audio settings.
- To access the JAWS dialog box, select the JAWS icon in the system tray or on the quick launch bar.