- My Quick Links
- You have no saved Quick Links
List of Things to Do!
- Go bowling or play billiards at the Illini Union. Lay on the Quad and look at the stars.
- Check out the ARC!!! Or the bubble bench—float and chill in the pool at CRCE.
- Illinites events at the Union—alternatives to the bar scene. See Illinite calendar of events at www.iuboard.uiuc.edu/illinites/illinites.aspx
- Kiss your love under the Eternal Flame, located on the west side of the Quad. It is rumored that two lovers who kiss under the flame’s eternal light will see their relationship last forever.
- Attend a sporting event—try a Fighting Illini Hockey game. Tickets are cheap and the crowd is boisterous and rowdy towards opponents! $5 a ticket; check out the schedule at www.illini-hockey.com.
- Hang out at Café Paradiso, Espresso Royale or one of the other coffee shops around campus. Invite your friends for cards or board game night.
- The Red Herring at the Channing-Murray Foundation — music, poetry slams, comedy and conversation every Fri & Sat 8pm-1am — since 1967! . www.channingmurray.org
- Take dancing lessons: salsa, cha-cha, waltz, swing. Offered by the Dancing Illini; details at https:/netfiles.uiuc.edu/ro/www/DancingIllini/.
- Go to a play, concert or dance event at the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts . There’s always something different playing at this world class performing arts center, and students get a discount! Check out www.krannertcenter.com.
- Check out Campus Rec for a range of programs and adventures. www.campusrec.uiuc.edu
- Join the Underwater Hockey team—coed & women’s. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Write an editorial for the Daily Illini with your friends.
- That’s Rentertainment has the largest selection of rental movies in town. Sixth & John, C.
- For a cool treat go to Cold Stone Creamery (at 505 E. Green St ), Cocomero (at 709 S. Wright St.) or Jarling’s Custard Cup — a Champaign institution! 309 W. Kirby Ave in Champaign.
- Ask your RA to sponsor an event for your group of res hall friends. University Housing collects a fee from every student to be used for hall-sponsored activities, such as providing pizza for residents. The money is there — take advantage of it to fund an event!
- Visit the Arboretum, Hartley & Idea Gardens, and Japan House. Lincoln Ave south of Florida.
- Free skate at the Ice Arena. www.campusrec.illinois.edu/skating/index.html
- GET INVOLVED! Join an RSO (Registered Student Organization). There are over 1000 clubs on campus to consider. www.union.illinois.edu/involvement/rso.htm
- Play mini-golf at Putt Zone Golf Course . 815 Dennison Dr, Champaign, (217) 356-6121, $5.50 per game.
- At the Beverly Cinemas: Stimulus Tuesdays—$1 for popcorn, $1 for drinks. Thursdays—new releases at midnight! 910 Meijer Dr, Champaign. Www.carmike.com for times.
- Go to hear live acoustic music at the Aroma Café or great local jazz at the Iron Post . All ages welcome. Aroma—118 N Neil, Champaign, (217) 356-3200; Iron Post—120 S Race, Urbana, (217) 337-POST.
- Go to Curtis Orchard to pick apples or pumpkins. 3902 S. Duncan Rd, Champaign, (217) 359-5565.
- Head to Buffalo Wild Wings : Wing Tuesdays—45¢ wings, Boneless Thursdays-60¢ boneless wings.
- 1335 Savoy Plaza Ln, Savoy, (217) 356-9464 or 907 W. Marketview Dr, Champaign, (217) 378-4400.
- Check out a star or light show at the William M. Staerkel Planetarium at Parkland College.
- Shows are Fri & Sat nights and cost $4. Go to www.parkland.edu/planetarium/ for a schedule of events.
- Look into 40ºN/88ºW to find local arts and entertainment events around Champaign-Urbana. Online at 40north.org, or get the iPhone app.
- Catch a flick at the Harvest Moon Drive-In . Rte 47 South, 1123 S. Sangamon Ave, Gibson City, (217) 784-8770 or 1-877-54-MOVIE. $6 per person. www.harvestmoondrivein.com
- Go hiking, biking, picnicking, ice skating, or cookout at Kaufman Lake .
- 2702 W. Springfield Ave in Champaign, (217) 398-2570, Bus Line: Brown. For other outdoor activities see www.champaignparkdistrict.com
- Visit the Virginia Theatre for movies, concerts, and theatre. Reel Deal movies are $3-Tuesdays, Thursdays & some Saturdays, www.thevirginia.org
This handout prepared at the Counseling Center's Alcohol and Other Drug Office (AODO) and its alcohol orientation program ACE IT (Alcohol Culture Explored - Interactive Theater). AODO provides assessment and psychoeducation for University of Illinois students; to inquire about services, please refer to http://www.counselingcenter.illinois.edu/?page_id=43 or call (217) 333-7557.