- My Quick Links
- You have no saved Quick Links
PROCEDURES FOR OBTAINING E-TEXT
Timelines are in the Sidebar.
- Remember to see your advisor to plan your schedule BEFORE Advance Enrollment - NOT AFTER!
- You need to provide your schedule to the Accessible Media Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the stated date.
- You will contact your instructors as soon as you register to let the them know you utilize text conversion services and need the book list for the course.
- An example of this email can be found here (SPRING 2014). If you have difficulty obtaining information from your instructor, please contact your case manager for assistance.
AND AT THE SAME TIME:
- EMAIL YOUR SCHEDULE TO Lauren Chambers at email@example.com .
- IF a book list HAS NOT been submitted – IMMEDIATELY notify your casemanager AND firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can begin contacting faculty regarding book lists.
If the Bookstore has your books, purchase them immediately, and ask to have them delivered to DRES.
If your books are not available IUB, you have the choice of either having IUB send them to DRES when they arrive, or purchasing them from TIS, or online (Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc) and have them sent to DRES in the quickest method available.
Books that arrive AFTER the stated due date, will be put into a first-come, first-serve queue, and will be converted in that order. All books arriving after the deadline MUST be sent with an Alternate Request Form indicating what chapters are to be converted and the due dates for each chapter. (Form attached) Students can check on the status of their books by checking the queue web page here.
Book receipts will need to be turned in to the Accessible Media Office by the first day of class in order to access your materials on Compass2g.
If you have questions or concerns about your materials or any Accessible Media policies, please see email email@example.com, or see Angie or Ann.
FOR ALL ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES/DIVISION OF REHABILITATION SERVICES (DHS)/STUDENTS WHOSE BOOKS ARE PAID FOR BY DHS:
- Students who have their books paid for by DHS will need to sign a form giving DRES permission to share your UIN with the Illini Union Bookstore. You may print it and bring it our office, email it back or fax it to our office. Any books that are purchased for a class that are dropped are your responsibility. (DHS FORM)
- We need your signature - not just your printed name.
- Books cannot be put on account until your form is signed and returned to us.