- My Quick Links
- You have no saved Quick Links
Assistive technology is used to describe devices and services that lessen or remove barriers faced by persons with disabilities. Although the term is contemporary, the use of assistive technology is not new. For centuries, individuals with disabilities have used a variety of assistive devices to help them overcome demands in the environment. Assistive technology can be simple to quite complex in nature. Many types of assistive technology are available on computers to assist in reading information, keyboarding, etc. DRES assists students by having technology on hand for them to try out. DRES also provides training to help students become more effective and efficient in their use of assistive technology.
Accessing Assistive Technology in University Labs
- On the desktop is a folder labeled "Accessiblity"
- Open this folder for shortcuts to assistive technology programs
ICS and Residence Hall Labs
- From the start menu select "Accessibility"
- Shortcuts to the assistive technology programs will appear underneath