Non-primary Language Requirement

If a student can demonstrate a specific language-learning disability or a disability that impacts the ability to learn a foreign (non-primary) language, the student may petition for a non-primary language substitution and substitute coursework for the non-primary language requirement.  Previous and current records of achievement, commentary from current and previous instructors, and clinical data are required to support petitions.

For further information concerning procedures, visit the Dean's Office of your college and then contact Dr. Kim Collins at DRES to discuss the process.